Health Benefits of Cholam
- Whole grain corn is a healthy cereal grain that is rich in fiber, vitamins, minerals, and anti-oxidants. It is low in calories and an excellent source of energy.
- It is a very good source of iron, per 100 grams mg of serving of corn in your diet provides 2.7mg of iron to the body.
- It is a rich source of fiber and this helps in reducing cholesterol and in easy digestion.
- It contains a high amount of carbohydrates which provide adequate energy to the body.
- Corn contains bio-active enzymes like anthocyanins, phytic acid, ferulic acid, zeaxanthin and lutein which provide multiple health benefits.
- It provides a large proportion of folate requirement for the body and is a rich source of beta-carotene that is needed for the formation of vitamin A.
- It contains phenolic phytochemicals that help regulate blood pressure and prevent hypertension.
- It has a good amount of vitamin B that helps in the optimal functioning of Adrenal glands.
- It is a source of antioxidant thymine which helps to sharpen brain functions.
- A meal rich in corn helps you and your family gain protection against ailments and diseases. Corn can be a nutritious addition to your diet.